How long can I work for an employer?
Employment in Australia,
Work, Work Licences, and Employment
- You can work for a maximum of 6 months for one employer.
- If you are referred by an agency or labour supplier to a business, you can work for 6 months for that business.
- The “employer” is the business or organisation for which you are working directly.
- The same agency or labour supplier can refer you to another business where you can work for an additional 6 months.
- You cannot stay in the same position with an employer for more than six months by using different employment agencies, business affiliates or sub-contracting arrangements.