Is there a chance I might be able to work longer than 6 months for one employer?

  • Permission to work longer than six months with an employer is granted under limited circumstances.
  • If you wish to apply for permission to work longer than six months with an employer, you will need to complete the 1445 Request permission to work with an employer beyond 6 months on a Working Holiday or Work and Holiday visa form. This form is available for download via the link below:

How long can I work for an employer?

  • You can work for a maximum of 6 months for one employer.
  • If you are referred by an agency or labour supplier to a business, you can work for 6 months for that business.
  • The “employer” is the business or organisation for which you are working directly.
  • The same agency or labour supplier can refer you to another business where you can work for an additional 6 months.
  • You cannot stay in the same position with an employer for more than six months by using different employment agencies, business affiliates or sub-contracting arrangements.