Helpful travel tips in Australia
Follow these tips to make your travel around Australia safer and more comfortable.
COMFORT IN TRAVEL:
- On your departure date, always call the airport to confirm your flight is on time as bad whether can change flight times dramatically!
- Drink plenty of water when flying or driving so that you don’t become dehydrated.
- Reduce the pain of ear popping on planes by sucking a lolly or chewing gum
- When travelling wear comfortable lose shoes so that your feet don’t swell.
- When driving long distances always stop every couple of hours to increase circulation!
- If your new in the city or town take a tour around town! (it will save hours of time reading travel guides)
- If hiring a car carefully check for dents and scratches and if any, insist the rental company takes written notes! ( this will save you a fortune in insurance)!
THE AUSSIE OUTDOORS:
- If camping outdoors regularly apply insect repellents and only sleep with the window open if you have flyscreens to avoid insect bites!
- Always apply sunscreen especially if you are participating in water sports or outdoor activities! Sunburn is NOT fun!
- When swimming at the beach, always swim in a safe area (preferably between the safety flags, which are red and yellow)!
- If walking for long periods of time always pack plenty of fluids!
- Be careful of what creatures you are near Australia has some of the most venomous reptiles and wildlife in the world. (Always carry a first aid guide).
- If you are trekking at high altitudes make sure you give your body time to adjust to the thinning air and always carry adequate supplies!
- When in busy cities, collect a few public transport timetables so you can catch as much public transport as possible. It’s cheaper and often quicker than taxis and city driving!
- To safe guard your photos, take photos of your address or letter box of where you are staying, then if found you will have a better chance of getting them back!
- Avoid making long distance calls from hotels and land lines as it is expensive. There are many different phone cards available in Australia.
- Divide your money into cash, traveller’s cheques and credit cards and keep them in different spots in case you lose your wallet!
- If you need laundry services most cities have Laundromats where you can do all of your own washing!
- Before checking out check under the beds and in the cupboards, its amazing what people may leave behind!
- Late night shopping is different in most states in Australia – Ask locals for the hot spots!
- When travelling its always good to have all your numbers and addresses written down somewhere safe, just in case your phone gets lost!